Rev. Dr. Moses A. Simms
Greater Turner Chapel AME Church
Greensburg, LA (2014-Present)
Greater Powell Chapel AME Church
Grenada, MS (2006-2014)
Lee Chapel AME Church
Morgan City, LA (2001-2006)
Cummings Temple AME Church
New Orleans, LA (1993-2001)
1989 B.S. Degree
Electronics Engineering, Southern University and A&M College
1993 Master of Divinity
Old Testament, Turner Theological Seminary at the Interdenominational Theological Center
2014 Doctor of Ministry
Black Studies and Transformational Leadership, Ashland Theological Seminary and Payne Theological Seminary
General Conference Delegate:
2000, 2008, 2012 and 2016
General Conference 1st Alternate: 2004
General Board Commissions:
Statistics and Finance, Economic Development Global Development
Statistics and Finance (Assistant Secretary) and Annuity Investments and Insurance
General Conference Committees:
2008 Revisions Committee
2012 Revisions Committee
2012 Compilation Committee
Board of Examiners:
LA Conference Board Member:
1995-2001 and 2014 – Present
LA Conference Board Chair:
2014 - Present
Central LA Conference Dean:
North MS Conference Dean:
Central North LA Conference Treasurer: 2001-2003
Central North LA Conference Chair: 2003-2008
North MS Conference Treasurer:
8th Episcopal District Treasurer:
- Founder of Allen C.D.C.: Developed a 3.7 million dollar, thirty-home housing development in New Orleans East through collaboration with Hibernia National Bank.
- Founder of Christians Aiming to Reach Everyone (CARE) C.D.C. in Morgan City, LA and was instrumental in the formation and incorporation of the Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance for Morgan City.
- Chair of the Board for the Powell Chapel Housing Development Corporation that oversaw the $1.7 million Elderly Housing Apartment Complex.
- Organized and secured 501 (c) 3 statuses for the Louisiana Initiatives for Empowerment (LIFE) C.D.C, the Greater Powell Chapel C.D.C. (Chair) and the North Mississippi C.D.C.
- Served on the City of Grenada Election Commission and the Grenada Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as President Elect.
Supported the WIM in electing the first WIM delegate in the history of the Louisiana Conference to the 2000 General Conference and the Central Louisiana Conference for the 2004 General Conference.
Supported WIM by increasing more representation on the Central Louisiana Conference, the North Mississippi and the Louisiana Boards of Examiners while serving as the Chair/Dean.
Supported WIM through preaching opportunities at every church that I served as pastor providing exposure and opportunities to preach at church’s that were lead churches on the Presiding Elder District and Annual Conference.
Supported WIM by recommending more participation on Episcopal District/Annual Conference committees.